Monday, October 12, 2009

Long time, no update

Well I know it has been awhile since I have done much with our blog. A lot has happened but as I sit here I can't think of anything major, just the normal small stuff. I have been keeping busy with painting my house lately. I finally finished painting Connor's bedroom a couple weeks ago with the help of my mom. I know I am so bad for taking 7 months after he was born. But I am so happy it is done. Now I need to get some decorations in and I'll be completely done. He now sleeps up in his bedroom. I know a lot of moms put their babies in their own rooms a lot sooner than 7 months but our bedroom is downstairs and Connor's is upstairs. I was having a hard time with putting him up there without me. haha! We ended up staying in the guest bedroom next to his for almost a week before I felt ok with him in there. But having him in his own room is so great. He stopped sleeping through the night for awhile when he slept in our room, but now he sleeps at least 10 - 11 hours a night. It is amazing to get my sleep!!

This is his bedroom so far...

So we got a new car. We did just barely buy a used Mazada CX7 but after having it for only 4 months the AC went out. When we took it in to get fixed they told us that it would cost over $1,100. Needless to say we were very upset because we just put money down to buy it. So James went and talked to the sales guys and they worked us out a deal for a 2010 Mazda 3. Our payments ended up being just a little more but we decided it was worth it because we never know what else would go wrong with that car a few months down the road. So I'm happy and I actually like this car better too!! :)
Well James has been busy. He got a new position at work. He is on an Alumni team which works with the students that are moving on to their Masters degrees. It is a really great position!! I am so proud of him, he is such a hard worker and is always great at whatever he does.

So you all know I cannot go through a post without putting a Connor update in too!! He just continues to change so much! And he is always making me laugh. Here are a few things he is doing...

-He is crawling and using anything and everything to stand up next to. Here is the first time he stood up! He was 7 months old!

-He is now climbing up stairs, which is why we have gates now :)

-He can fit into 12 month clothes but still fits into some 9 mo and actually a couple 6 mo. Baby clothes are so weird.

-He still growls!!!

-Music makes him dance! His dancing is shacking his head back and forth and side to side. He can even stay on beat. If it is a slow song he will move slower haha!

-Sometimes he will shake his head no when you ask him questions. I'm sure he doesn't understand but it is still cute!

-He plays peek-a-boo

-He will try to crawl through anything and everything and will also try and crawl over a lot of things too


He is trying to crawl over the bar on the chair instead of underneath because he gets stuck that way haha!


-He has been eating baby food for a couple months now and I have yet to find a food he will not eat. So I have no idea what his favorite food is because he eats it all!! These pics are from the first time he had baby food!


-A couple weeks ago I took him to the Dr. because he a lot of red spots on him. I thought maybe it could be the chicken pox but it wasn't. It was a rash caused by an infection. The Dr. said he it isn't harmful and that Connor will be just fine.
-When I took him to the Dr. they also weighed him at 20.2 oz!!
-So Connor loves music so some days while I get ready I put him in his play seat and he will enjoy the music while he plays with his toys. Well a couple times he has fallen asleep in it and it is just so cute that I couldn't pass up a time to take a picture!


Here he is at 8 months!!
One last thing, I promise...He gives sloppy kisses now! Here he is giving himself a kiss!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE CONNOR!!! My favorite pic is still the one where he is trying to crawl behind the couch and has his legs sticking out :)

    ReplyDelete